Towerstream is a fast-paced Internet provider who specializes in rapid, quality installations of business-class broadband Internet delivered with wireless microwave technology. The Market Lead Field Engineer role is a critical position to insure the network is built to current standards, schedules are met, and customers are happy. This position is diverse because it is part Project Manager, Tower Climber, Installer, Integrator, and Maintenance Technician. The candidate applying for this position must have a Get-It-Done attitude, and understand that the customer comes first!
The Market Lead Field Engineer will provide a range of expertise with on-site construction, support, and maintenance of the Towerstream Wireless infrastructure. Market Lead Field Engineer will plan and manage various aspects of new site acquisitions, build, integration, and maintenance. You will interface with building engineers, owners, site managers, and customers, for new or ongoing projects. Market Lead Field Engineer must be able to exercise sound judgment, discipline, and passion in the execution of their daily duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include:
- Drive the overall success of the BOS/PVD market.
- Install and Maintain Towerstream Microwave Wireless Backbone Infrastructure
- Tower climbing is required. Occasional climbs to 800 ft., most are <300 ft.
- Project Manage and execute network projects and daily assignments in the BOS/PVD market to include:
- New POP facility build-out, rebuilds, and upgrades.
- Identify system expansion and equipment upgrade requirements, then execute the tasks necessary to successfully complete the project.
- Identify physical requirements such as antenna mounts, rack space, cable paths, special hardware, etc., to support system needs.
- Installation of rooftop antenna mounts using non-penetrating antenna sleds, wall mounts, and tower mounts or arrays.
- Maintain good working relations with landlords, customers, and building management at our facilities.
- Oversee and direct local contractors to ensure their work is completed to standards, and in a timely, cost-effective manner. (tower crews, electricians, technicians, etc.)
- Have a good command on how to efficiently use your time, and that of the manpower resources available to you.
- Ability to take direction from multiple teams and coalesce it into a successful project.
- Good understanding of general construction best practices.
- Inventory management of field assets.
- Creation of BOM’s and order materials.
- LOS surveys, site design of cable routing, antenna mounts, rack installation, etc.
- Ability to produce quality documentation for SOW, Surveys, As-Built, etc. using Word, Visio, Google Earth, etc.
- Work with the Dispatch team to identify, coordinate, and schedule manpower for the BOS/PVD market.
- Interface with the Construction Manager, Leasing, Dispatch, Engineering, NOC, Warehouse, and Installations groups daily.
- Daily record keeping, inventory tracking, update job ticket notes in real time.
- Ability to Project Manage installations to insure materials, site access, and all aspects of a job are in place to maintain schedule, and enforce a good customer relationship.
- Maintain a high level of professional expertise in Wireless Technologies.
- Provide support to other departments as needed.
- Leadership skills; Must be able to lead, train, and empower junior employees.
- Conduct Line-Of-Sight surveys to determine viable microwave paths.
- Upgrade existing technology, or trouble-shoot to better optimize performance.
- Problem solving and bringing sound recommendations to the table.
- Punctuality and ability to maintain appointments with customers.
- Ability to work outside even in bad weather.
- Drive quality of installations for performance and reliability.
- Good working knowledge of using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Must reside in the Rt. 128 area. (No more than 25 miles from downtown Boston preferred)
- College or Technical degree preferred, or equivalent hands-on work experience; 3-5 years relevant technical experience required.
- Current, or recent Tower Safety and Rescue Certification (Comtrain or Equivalent Highly Preferred)
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data and wiring industry standards. (Photo portfolio recommended)
- Working knowledge of RF industry standards.
- Previous experience in Wireless or Cellular industry desirable.
- Working knowledge of various Wireless equipment (I.E. – Ceragon, Dragonwave, Siklu, Redline, Radwin, etc.). Experience with logging into devices, configuring, defaulting, and understanding fault alarms.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power systems.
- Problem solving and meticulous attention to detail.
- Basic networking skills such as setting IP address, Subnet Mask, and programming a VLAN.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms.
- OSHA 10 or 30 certification preferred.
- Ability to work off-hours and On-Call
- Ability to construct, install, and aim microwave systems.
- Must have reliable vehicle such as a truck, van, SUV, or similar, and able to carry ladders, pipe, concrete blocks, tools, antennas, and daily supplies.
- Experience with Cisco or Brocade a plus.
- Experience with lightning grounding and protection. (I.E. – R-56 or similar).
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other work assignments not mentioned.
Towerstream is a leading wireless service provider utilizing Fixed Wireless Technology to deliver advanced, high-speed Internet access to businesses in 12 markets including New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, Miami, Seattle, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia,, Las Vegas/Reno, and the greater Providence area where the Company is based.
Towerstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer