The Field Engineer will provide expertise in on-site construction, support, and maintenance of the Towerstream Wireless infrastructure. Field Engineer I will plan and manage various aspects of new site acquisitions and build. Consult with building engineers regarding new or ongoing projects. Field Engineer I will be able to exercise sound technical judgment and discipline in the execution of system changes and deployment plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities will include:
- Install and maintain Towerstream Wireless Backbone Infrastructure
- Tower climbing is a requirement for this job.
- Plan and lead network projects within the assigned market to include:
- New POP build-out
- Identify system expansion and equipment upgrade requirements
- Identify physical requirements to support system capacity expansion
- Maintain liaison relations with building management/local contractors to ensure Towerstream can maintain all required services to its customers
- Implement new, and upgrade existing technology, or trouble-shoot to better optimize performance
- Provide support to and for other departments as needed
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise in Wireless Technologies
- College or Technical degree preferred, or equivalent hands on work experience; 3-5 years relevant technical experience required.
- Current Tower Safety and Rescue Certification (ComTrain or Equivalent Preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of data and wiring industry standards
- Working knowledge of RF industry standards
- Previous experience in Wireless / Cellular industry
- Working knowledge of various Wireless vendor equipment
- Versed in PC usage and basic networking skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms
- Some travel required
- Ability to work off hours
- Appropriate vehicle for this type of work required
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned. The inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job.
Towerstream is a leading wireless service provider utilizing Fixed Wireless Technology to deliver advanced, high-speed Internet access to businesses in 12 markets including New York City, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, the San Francisco Bay Area, Miami, Seattle, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia,, Las Vegas/Reno, and the greater Providence area where the Company is based.
Towerstream is an Equal Opportunity Employer